The Bavarian State Opera have announced their 2014-15 season with six new productions and a numbr of a list singers. The following are the new productions:
- Věc Makropulos - Conductor: Tomáš Hanus Production: Árpád Schilling with Nadja Michael in the title role.
- Manon Lescaut - Conductor: Alain Altinoglu Production: Hans Neuenfels - Anna Netrebko and Jonas Kaufmann
- Lucia di Lammermoor - Conductor: Kirill Petrenko Production: Barbara Wysocka - Diana Damrau and Pavol Breslik head the cast
- Lulu - Conductor: Kirill Petrenko Production: Dmitri Tcherniakov - Marlis Peterson and Bo Skovhus
- Pelléas et Mélisande (festival) - Conductor: Constantinos Carydis Production:Christiane Pohle
- Arabella (festival) - Conductor: Philippe Jordan Production: Andreas Dresen - Anja Harteros and Thomas Mayer star.
Other highlights in the season include the Kriegenburg Ring cycles which will be conducted by conducted by Kirill Petrenko and stars Evelyn Herlitzius, Stuart Skelton, Stephen Gould and Anja Kampe.
Harteros will sing revivals of Tosca, Il trovatore, Don Carlo and La forza del destino. The latter is with Jonas Kaufmann.
Rolando Villazon will also return to L' Contes d'Hoffman.
Kristine Opolais tackles Eugene Onegin, with Mariusz Kwiecen in the title role. Opolais will also perform La Clemenza di Tito and Madama Butterfly. Irene Theorin and Evelyn Herlitzius share the title role in Elektra.
The legendary Edita Gruberova will return for Roberto Devereux and Don Carlo will also feature Rene Pape, Ramon Vargas and Simon Keenlyside. Tristan und Isolde will be conducted by Philippe Jordan, features Pape with Waltraud Meier and Peter Seiffert.
Tell us what your most excited about!